Author: Kate Benson
Release Date: December 2013
Genre: New Adult
More Info: Goodreads
Devastated by circumstances beyond her control, Sophie Ryan’s life rips her from the arms of her first love, Jack. With only memories of their lost love, she’s forced to start over in a new town; surviving on her own for the first time since he left. Trying to begin her new life, fate decides a different direction for her, causing her to make a choice she never thought she’d have to.
Unsure of commitment after his failed engagement, Chase Mitchell finds himself stuck on a path of failed conquests and late nights at the bar. That is until he finds a pair of mesmerizing green eyes sitting in his usual spot. Something about this quiet girl forces him to question everything he has ever thought about love.
As Sophie looks down at the fork that’s presented in her path, will she choose the right direction? Will she be able to move towards the arms of the man who stands in front of her? Or will she choose to keep her promise to the one life forced her to leave behind?
10 Things You Don’t Know About Kate Benson
1) I am a lover of all things vampire. Shiny, decaying, gross, hot. I don’t care. I love them all. Yes, Edward Cullen is my favorite. Yes, I know he glitters in the sun. Yes, I love him anyway.
2) My two favorite books are The Color Purple by Alice Walker and The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. They are also the only two books that have ever made me sob like a baby.
3) I am a huge music lover and listen to it any chance I get. If I can’t, I’m singing in my head. I also get really nervous if I try to drive without the radio on and find it impossible to listen to Outkast without shaking it like a Polaroid picture.
4) Ever since I had an accident in one on my twelfth birthday, I’ve been terrified of go-carts.
5) I don’t know how to roller skate and I can’t do a cartwheel. However I can air guitar like nobody’s business.
6) I love tattoos and have ten of them.
7) My favorite color is hot pink. I wear at least one hot pink thing every day.
8) My favorite singer ever is Freddie Mercury and I celebrate his birthday every year. I make a cake, watch (and sing along to) at least one Queen concert, wear mustache earrings and a Betty Boop shirt. Sometimes I even wear a cape. Yes, you read that right. I have a cape and it’s awesome.
9) I love to use swear words.
10) When I was fifteen, I had a dream about my wedding day. In the dream I married someone I didn’t know at the time. When I was twenty one, I met him while I was on vacation. He’s now my husband.
Kate’s Top Ten Reads
1) The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2) The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski
3) Real by Katie Evans
4) This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
5) Naked by Raine Miller
6) Protect Me by Jennifer Culbreth
7) In Flight by R. K. Lilley
8) Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing
9) Pulse by Gail McHugh
10) Misjudged by Sarah Elizabeth
Kate’s Top 10 Book Boyfriends
1) Andrew Parrish- The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski
2) Remington Tate- Real by Katy Evans
3) Jesse Ward- This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
4) Ethan Blackstone- The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller
5) Noah Wellington– Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing
6) James Cavendish- In Flight by R. K. Lilley
7) Gavin Blake- Pulse by Gail McHugh
8) Travis Maddox- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
9) Kellan Kyle- Thoughtless by S. C. Stevens
10) Jude Ryder- Nicole Williams